Rear Trim/Curb Base Accessories 7 Series Ranges/Rangetops
To reduce the risk of fire or injury to persons, check to make sure all packaging has been removed from the outside and inside parts of the rear trim device before installing. MAKE SURE ALL CORRUGATED MATERIAL IS REMOVED FROM INSIDE THE HIGH SHELF._
(Island Trim, 10″ H. Backguard OR 24″ H. High Shelf Back Panel)
1. Remove the grate supports in order to locate the rear flange and mounting stud on the unit. Grasp the rear trim on each end and carefully align the rear trim over the rear flange and insert mounting screw into keyhole opening on the rear trim.
Make sure the rear trim is in front of the sealed burner box and not behind.
2. Align holes in rear trim with holes in flange. Slide rear trim down until it rest on top of the side panels ensuring accessory rear wall is outside of unit. Secure with enclosed #10 x 1/2″ (1.3 cm) phillips head threaded screws. 36″ W. ranges/rangetops have (3) hole locations and 48″ W ranges/rangetops have (4).
To reduce the risk of injury, assistance from a second person is recommended when installing 48″ backguards or high shelf backs.
NOTE: Regulator will be visible after rear trim accessory is installed.
After installing the high shelf back panel on the range/ rangetop, place the top rolled edge on the shelf (X) over the front lip of the high shelf back panel. Secure with the (4) enclosed #10 -24x 1/2″ (1.3 cm) PH machine screws
Normal installation for island trim on either a range or rangetop is in an island/peninsula or where there is a minimum clearance of 6″(15.2 cm) to any type of wall at the rear of the unit. Ranges and rangetops with an island trim installation can be installed at zero clearance to the rear wall as long as the wall is non-combustible. The responsibility for ensuring that the rear wall is non-combustible and heat resistant lies with the individual owner and/or end user. Only in those cases where the island trim is installed with 6″ (15.2 cm) of minimum clearance to a rear wall, or when a truly noncombustible material is used, will the warranty apply. In no case will Viking Range, LLC accept responsibility for any claims which may result from heat damage against a rear wall, including cosmetic damage. It is the total responsibility of the owner/end user to ensure that the material utilized in such applications is not only non-combustible, but is also truly heat-resistant.
1. Locate screw hole openings (A) on the back of the island trim near the top.
2. Align screw hole openings on the countertop rear trim with the ones on the back of the island trim.
3. Attach rear trim to island trim with enclosed #10 x 1/2″ (1.3 cm) PH Tek screws.
1. The standard curb base front (A) is completely assembled.
2. Remove the assembly from the carton and simply clip onto the front range legs.
3. The assembly is adjustable about 2″ (5.1 cm) front to back so that alignment with the cabinet toe front is possible. Loosen bracket bolts on each side, but allow snug fit. Clip assembly onto range legs; determine front to back setting; remove, tighten bolts, and reattach.
1. Remove the standard curb base front assembly from the carton.
2. Remove the front (A) from the mounting assembly (B).
3. Attach locally supplied front (C) to the mounting assembly (B) and simply clip onto the front range legs.
Important Note: The locally supplied front must not be any taller than 3-1/8″ (7.9 cm) tall. Fronts taller than 3-1/8″ (7.9 cm) could obstruct the airflow.
4. The assembly is adjustable about 2″ (5.1 cm) front to back so that alignment with the cabinet toe front is possible. Loosen bracket bolts on each side, but allow snug fit. Clip assembly onto range legs; determine front to back setting; remove, tighten bolts, and reattach.
Important Note: The range must be installed as specified in the range installation guide for proper airflow when using the custom curb base.
Viking Range, LLC 111 Front Street
Greenwood, Mississippi 38930 USA (662) 455-1200
For product information, call 1-888-(845-4641)
or visit the Viking Web site at vikingrange.com in the U.S. or brigade.ca in Canada.